ASK Security achieves a gold membership with the Security Association of South Africa (SASA)
The Security Association of South Africa (“SASA”) is a world-class professional body that advocates, promotes and drives industry compliance within South Africa’s private security industry. SASA is also the largest employers’ association in the security sector, providing a range of services that benefit security employers, their employees – and ultimately the consumers of security services.
With a five-decade legacy, SASA is the greatest advocate of industry compliance, serving as a resource for its members, an educational platform for consumers of security services, and an essential link between the private security industry and government.
SASA is nationally recognised by the government, South African Police Service and consumers as having members with a proven track record within the industry and a Code of Ethics by which members must abide.
THE OBJECTIVES OF SASA ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- To regulate relations between members and their employees and to protect and promote the interests of members in relation to their employees.
- To encourage and assist with the settlement of disputes between members and their employees or Trade Unions by conciliation, mediation or arbitration.
- To promote compliance in respect of all legal requirements within the association and the private security industry.
- To promote, support or oppose or suggest amendments, additions or deletions as deemed expedient or reasonable to any proposed legislative or regulatory measures.
- To aid members in matters affecting the relationship between members and their employees or Trade Unions.
- To co-operate and affiliate with and participate in the affairs of any South African or international employers’ association or the International Labour Organisation.
- To promote and use every legitimate means to encourage and induce security service providers to become members of the association.
- To establish, promote and encourage the science and professional practice of security and all operations and matters connected therewith.
- To promote and make more effective security measures, to improve the status of members, and to provide for the exchange of knowledge, information and experience.
- To foster and encourage ethical and professional standards of work and conduct of members.
- To carry out any survey or study, hold conferences, forums, training courses and seminars, and to arrange for the presentation of lectures and the reading of papers on matters of interest to members.
CODE OF ETHICS
With the knowledge that the supply of a quality professional security service is dependent upon the integrity of companies, directors and members, SASA adopts the following Code of Ethics and mandates its total compliance as a condition of membership of the association.
- All members will discharge their duties in accordance with the laws of the country.
- All members will maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity towards their clients, employees and each other.
- All members will discharge their professional responsibilities diligently and in good faith.
- All members must be competent to discharge their professional responsibilities.
- All members will maintain confidentiality and exercise due care to prevent unauthorised disclosure of confidential matters.
- A member shall not maliciously injure the reputation of his colleagues.
This is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your specialist for specific and detailed advice. (E&OE)